After a long interval, Orient has presented a new skeleton model. Not just a semi- or an open-heart, but a fully-skeleton dial. The Avant-Garde is an upgraded version of the comparatively underappreciated Orient Star Modern Skeleton.
Other affordable watch brands could’ve hopped on this trend; but they didn’t.
More watch intestines in view
An astonishing aspect of the new Avant-Garde Skeleton is the fine balance between filled and empty spaces on the dial; it leaves enough breaks to view the moving insides yet enough portion of the dial to keep the watch effortlessly legible. It also imparts a robust look and makes for less delicate dial architecture.
Everything that will interest you
Inspired by motorcycles and cars, it’s their inner-workings and mechanical elements that the Orient Avant-Garde projects upon and delivers in a very sporty and conventional, tad larger than large package ideal for wrists 7 inches and above. The visually interesting dial turns it absolutely perfect.
Which is which?
- Movement: In-house, F6F44 caliber; 21600 vph, 24 Jewels, 50-hour power reserve; daily tolerance: +25 seconds.
- Power reserve indicator: Reminiscent of speedometers in cars. Full scale spans over an impressive 50+ hours.
- Running seconds sub-dial: Placed opposite to the power reserve indicator. It’s lovely to watch the sweep of a mechanical seconds-hand. A piece of extra visual interest to the watch, without adding any extra complication.
- Calendar: These watches lack the day/date indicator. It adds uniformity to the face.
- Bolted, top-heavy case design: Not just the case that curves nicely to fit comfortably on any wrist; it’s also the bezel, more visible than the lugs! The bolted look is a visually intriguing element, be it on anything! Not just the watches.
A look into both
- The Orient Star Avant Garde watches feel modern while allowing vintage, classic elements expose impeccably the innards through the openwork of their dials. The bigger, open heart windows at 9 accommodate the new balance wheels.
- Functional in their form, the delicate balance is set by the influences from 1950s luxury concepts, built sturdy and robust. As well-done as a JDM mechanical watch should be!
- One helluva watch, the Avant Garde watches are a combination of sporty and unconventionally dressy. You may wear it to a formal wedding as much as in a hip-hop partnership ceremony. Definitely, they are always the safe
- Watches with a unique touch; makes them wildcards to any serious but creative mechanical watch collection as an everyday wear, even if you ignore the versatility of these two pieces; or, their lack of confinements. And yes, their extended power reserve – a full 10 hours more than the previous 4xxxx Calibers.
BELOW ARE GIVEN LINKS TO THE WATCHES DISCUSSED ABOVE. CLICK TO SEE AND BUY THEM: