Casio’s latest addition to the Protrek outdoor range of products is again simply designed to give you the tools to measure, time, directs your adventure. This watch can handle anything you throw at it.
Casio Protrek Triple Sensor Tide Graph Tough Solar Titanium PRG130T-7V outdoor watches with built-in compass, barometer, altimeter and thermometer functions, with a tide graph and 200m water resistance added just for ocean lovers.
In addition to their triple sensors for the measurement of compass bearing, atmospheric pressure/altitude and temperature, the PRG-130 watches introduced today are also equipped with a tide graph function and 200m water resistance, which are very handy for use on any body of water.
The Tough Solar high-capacity solar-charging system, which generates power even in the low light of a fluorescent lamp, is another outstanding feature. The large metal function buttons on the side are designed for ease of operation even with gloved fingers. They are also treated with a grey ion plating finish that resists corrosion and abrasion, and a urethane surround helps make sure they do not get pressed accidentally. The watches incorporate a wide-viewing angle LCD, which make sure the data display is highly visible.
The PROTREK series of outdoor watches make the most of Casio’s cutting-edge sensor technology to measure and display all sorts of natural data. The series is extremely popular not only with people who enjoy serious mountain climbing, but also with leisure-seekers such as those who like trekking and car camping.
Some Important Features:
- Tough Solar – Solar powered
- Module: 3135
- Auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- World Time (29 Time Zones, 33 Cities)
- 12/24-hour formats
- 1/100 Sec Stopwatch: 23:59′59.99”
- Measuring mode: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer: 1 sec to 60 minutes
- 5 daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- Battery power indicator
- Power save function
- Battery Life: 6 months reserve once fully charged
- Accuracy: +/-20 Seconds per Month
- Auto Electro-luminescent backlight with afterglow
- Water Resistant: 200 Meter (20 Bar)
- Digital Compass
- 20 second continuous measurements
- 16 directions
- Measuring Range: 0°to 359°
- Calibration (bidirectional, northerly)
- Magnetic declination correction
- Bearing memory
- Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)
- Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)
- Display unit: 1 hPa/mb (or 0.05 inHg) 1hPa = 1mb
- Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m
- Measuring unit: 5 m (20 ft)
- Atmospheric pressure tendency graph
- Atmospheric pressure differential graphic
- Display range: -10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F)
- Display unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
- Tide Graph
- Moon Data (moon age and phase graph)
- Tide Graph (Tide level for specific date & time)
- Case diameter: 56.2 x 50.6 x 13.9 mm
- Casio Titanium Case & Band
- Scratch Resistant Mineral Glass
- Weight: 112 g
This watch is available for USD 270 with us
Click here for more details and to purchase it: Casio Protrek Watch
One thought on “A review of the Casio Protrek Triple Sensor Tide Graph Tough Solar Titanium PRG130T-7V”
I have used this excellent watch from 2009. I work in offshore industry and have found it to be very useful for tide / moon data, and very accurate in compass and altitude readings and I have checked it against other precision instruments on ships and in small aircraft. The barometer indicates precisely also and I have determined that storms on the way from the chart, and when it is high/low tide.
The Titanium band is light and stylish, and it is attractive with no nonsense functionality.
Only negative is the alarm sound is very weak and useless as a wake-up alarm.